This is my visual representation

About Me

Seattle-ish, WA
30-something years old guy who attempts to make sense of everything happening around him and ultimately just having more questions than answers

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

My latest acquisition!

I'm sure I did not adhere to any Ferengi Rules of Acquisition, but then again I'm not Ferengi.

Now that I put my Geek-hat away, let me don my Goth-hat on. I'm not really Goth but I had my moment in High School. I would wear all black, I was dark and brooding. I dabbled in the occult (still do.)

The most I got out of it though was the music. The Cure was a staple for any who wanted to get into Goth, it was like a beginners' handbook. For the 90s NIN, though not considered goth, added to my dark nature. Then, there's Siouxsie. I admit I did not listen to her until quite a bit later. Say ten years ago. I went through a bad patch then and though I was not wearing black all the time, my mood was there. My music got darker and angry again. I knew about Siouxsie and the Banshees back in high school but for some reason missed out. I think it may be because I was listening to more male artist back then and only started listening to female artists a little later.
I bought CD but I never bought any Siouxsie CDs.
Years pass... I'm not listening to a whole lot of dark music. In fact, I think I'm leaning to Dance again, but I had to buy this on Itunes. Maybe its the compelling cover art, the eyes telling me I must buy this, maybe there is a darkness inside me that is coming out again. Nevertheless, Siouxsie is now a part of my collection and I'm all the better for it.





No comments:

Post a Comment