This is my visual representation

About Me

Seattle-ish, WA
30-something years old guy who attempts to make sense of everything happening around him and ultimately just having more questions than answers

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

30th Anniversary of the Eruption of Mt St. Helen



Above is CBS news footage about the eruption and below is footage from a survivor of the blast. you can almost hear the desperation despite him being very calm about the situation.



I was only 2 when the mountain erupted, but I would always hear tales of it from my cousins, aunt and uncles who lived up here before I did. I've passed through the area few years ago and nature has an amazing way of taking care of itself. You can see where it occured, but after 30 years the landscape shows some of the scars but the green all around masks the damage.

I'm also reminded how I'm in a potentially dangerous area, Mt St Helens, Mt Ranier, Mt Baker are all in range with Rainier looming beautifully in our skyline on any given day. And not to mention, this area is part of the Ring of Fire. However, I've lived through a major earthquake and just love the West coast way too much. Why fret over what may be, when yoo can enjoy what is.

No comments:

Post a Comment