This is my visual representation

About Me

Seattle-ish, WA
30-something years old guy who attempts to make sense of everything happening around him and ultimately just having more questions than answers

Monday, July 12, 2010

Artist of the Week: Scissor Sisters - Laura

Yup I am a a Scissor Sisters fan. And as soon as I found out they were doing a US tour for their latest album, I was all over it finding dates, trying to get presale info, etc. Last time they went on a US tour I missed getting tickets by a day and was not gonna repeat that :-p

Like last week, I am devoting a whole week of Song of days to an Artist, especially since I am ecstatic that i got my tickets for their show in Seattle. I am starting it off with "Laura" from their first album.

I was telling a coworker that i got my tix; he didn't hear about them and asked me what their music was like . I think I discredited the band because the best thing I could come up was "kinda glam rock/pop." Hard to give a band a certain label when they play with so many types of music.

Also, I'm so bummed that they aren't as popular here. It seems like they have a good fan base all over the world except in the US and they are a US band.

No comments:

Post a Comment