This is my visual representation

About Me

Seattle-ish, WA
30-something years old guy who attempts to make sense of everything happening around him and ultimately just having more questions than answers

Monday, August 2, 2010

Song of the Day: Cage the Elephant - In One Ear

Okay so after taking a week hiatus, I'm back with more music videos for your viewing pleasure.

I'm realizing as I get older I'm clinging more and more to the music of the 90s, then embracing today's music. I think it's because during my impressional/emotional teenage years the music really meant something to me. Now I listen to songs now and I feel detached from them. I realize that I'm less angstsy now and so the music isn't really touching me. So now I listen more from an observational standpoint, feleing out what others are thinking and feeling. I have to say, if radio is a reaction to what the listeners want, then the listeners are not as angry as they were in the 90s... of course my rock station still has some, but not as prevelant. I wonder what this generation's music genre will be set as, because mine is grunge and post grunge.



No comments:

Post a Comment