This is my visual representation

About Me

Seattle-ish, WA
30-something years old guy who attempts to make sense of everything happening around him and ultimately just having more questions than answers

Monday, July 27, 2009

28 years of Depeche Mode.

That's right for almost 30 years Depeche Mode has been active. They are right now touring the WORLD, for their recently released Sounds of the Universe. For the week ending in July 25, Billboard.com has the album in the top 100 in the Euro chart and top 10 in the US Dance chart. Although there is no radio airplay in the Seattle area for the new album since it was released, word of mouth reached those who are listening.

Depeche Mode is one of the few bands that started out during the New Wave movement and managed to remain in the music scene as the genre fell into nostalgia. I was just a toddler when Depeche Mode came out with Speak and Spell. I know that ages quite a few other DM fans, but I know how that feels when someone tells me they were barely walking when Weezer came out with the Blue Album.

My first Depeche Mode Album was Catching Up with Depeche Mode. An acquaintance once remarked that "best of..." type albums were not good because they did not give you the over-all feel of the various albums the songs came from. I agreed with him, but also recommended that these type of albums are great introductions to bands that have been around a while.

I was hooked. Eventually, I got my hands on Violator; the best album ever! I don't think a single song on there is not currently in my ipod. But, enough of my awe stricken writing, I'll let you decide, this is still my favorite DM song and of course it is in Violator

No comments:

Post a Comment