This is my visual representation

About Me

Seattle-ish, WA
30-something years old guy who attempts to make sense of everything happening around him and ultimately just having more questions than answers

Friday, July 24, 2009

The Starbucks That isn't a Starbucks

Seattle: The Emerald City. Home of Microsoft, Costco, Boeing and of course Starbucks. Today in the Capitol Hill neighborhood of Seattle, a new coffee shop opened or rather re-opened. Starbucks re-branded three of their stores to give it a more small neighborhood coffee shop feel. I may have to go check it out, but according to The Stranger the coffee will be five to ten cents more per cup.

Even though I love the Top Pot Doughnuts and other sweets Starbucks has to offer, the re-branded stores will be serving something a little different. Booze. Seems like Starbucks is gonna be getting into the beer and wine business. I would think since the stores are attempting a more local appeal, they would be exclusively serving local breweries and wineries. It does not appear so.

That's okay. I think it's worth a look-see. I know I'm a Starbucks snob; I gotta have my Venti Soy No Water No Foam Chai Tea Latte, but I'm always willing to try new stuff. Even though the new stuff is just the old stuff with a new name and look.


Check it out 15th Ave Coffee and Tea

No comments:

Post a Comment