This is my visual representation

About Me

Seattle-ish, WA
30-something years old guy who attempts to make sense of everything happening around him and ultimately just having more questions than answers

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

What we were listening to 10 years ago or I lived through BoyBand Hell










Turn of the Millenium. Y2K scaring people into stocking up for a potential electronic apocalypse, but actually another apocalypse occurred. An event that took the world by storm. Backstreet Boys, *NSync, Britney Spears and Christina Aguilera all had albums that came out. I still shudder thinking about that. Although it was the Backstreet Boys sophomore album it was the others debut albums. Too much pop in such a condensed time really made me want to hurl that entire year, but I'm feeling much better now.

We were also "Living La Vida Loca" with Ricky Martina and Shania Twain was telling us we made her feel like a woman. Will the horror never end!?

Of course it did. To keep us sane, good stuff came out that year as well. TLC came out with Fanmail and told us who scrubs were, were you a scrub? 702 was asking "Where My girls At." Limp Bizkit did it all for the "Nookie" and can you blame them? and Kid Rock was screaming "Bawitdaba." This was rather dark time for me music choice-wise. I think I was listening to heavier darker stuff. The harder the rock the more I got into it. I was a "Freak on A Leash" for Korn and I was raging against the machine while sleeping in the fire.

Nevertheless, the lighter side of me still shined because I loved that Fatboy Slim wanted to "Praise you" and Sixpence none the Richer asked us to "Kiss Me." The Blood Houndgang was telling us about "The Bad Touch." while the Offspring was telling people they were "Pretty Fly (for a white guy.)"

Okay I'm done with song title puns and I'll leave you with Eiffel 65:

1 comment:

  1. *Le sigh* I wish I had just bought the single for "Blue" instead of the whole album.

    ReplyDelete