This is my visual representation

About Me

Seattle-ish, WA
30-something years old guy who attempts to make sense of everything happening around him and ultimately just having more questions than answers

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Song of the Day (80s Edition) Cyndi Lauper - She Bop




One of the best songs about masturabation, don't you think? Even the video showed metaphors about "self-service." I was told about the meaning of She Bop a long time ago and I refused to acknowledge that, it just seemed so sinister that such a pop song can have such a dark meaning. Of course that's when I thought masturbation was a dark thing. I'm glad it's out there though, I think it helped a generation be more open about their sexuality. I understand the potential for exposure to adult content, but children are inherently curious about themselves and their surrounding. Speaking from experience, repression only leads to confusion and pain. A frank and open discussion can only help in making better decisions about these things.

Okay now that I'm done with the serious part of this blog, can we dance now?

No comments:

Post a Comment