This is my visual representation

About Me

Seattle-ish, WA
30-something years old guy who attempts to make sense of everything happening around him and ultimately just having more questions than answers

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Song of the Day: Hole - Doll Parts

Uh oh. I'm being 90s nostalgic again.

Well since I did Nirvana yesterday, it seems only natural to post Courtney Love's vid. Yes, she is a trainwreck. I love her, I hate her, I love her again. She's a singer, an actress, something else. But I can't deny that "Live Through This" was one of the best albums that came out of the 90s. It's so angsty, so raspy, it feels like the epitome of girl groups of that time. Yeah, there was a guy in the group, but it was more about Courtney than anything else. I recall high school, one of the girls I knew loved Hole just because of the screaming and hurt that seems to resonate with her, I wonder how she is today?

Now I wonder, was my whole generation angsty and disillusioned, since the music of that time seems that way? I'm trying to figure out what this generation is... the only thing I could think of... it's a bit ADD :)

No comments:

Post a Comment