This is my visual representation

About Me

Seattle-ish, WA
30-something years old guy who attempts to make sense of everything happening around him and ultimately just having more questions than answers

Monday, August 23, 2010

Song of the Day: Nirvana - Smells Like Teen Spirit

No judging ;)

So last night I was on cam4 and as I was going through, I came across somebody who had Nirvana playing in the background. Not only that, he had Nirvana and Kurt Cobain posters everywhere. He was only 20. I am reminded of my age, not only by how young he is but the fact that he was listening to something that was around while he was still in diapers, granted i was really a kid myself too :-).

Nirvana will always have a special place in my music appreciation, that group spearheaded my conversion from r&b/rap to rock. Without them I would never have gotten into the stuff i love now and oddly enough 80s new wave stuff. I embraced alternative in all its form. And though my appetite for music seems to have waned into a few things here and there rather than I want it ALL, I'm so glad that Nirvana is pretty much the heart of it.



No comments:

Post a Comment