This is my visual representation

About Me

Seattle-ish, WA
30-something years old guy who attempts to make sense of everything happening around him and ultimately just having more questions than answers

Monday, July 20, 2009

I'm not old! I'm not! I'm not!! I'm not!!!

I was listening to the radio the other day and the DJ announced a song as a flashback from 2001. I actually threw a hissy-fit in the car. (Yes, I do have one of those.) There really has to be a certain amount of years before you call a song a "flashback" or "old school". Or "showcase" a "featured artist" on a "resurrection" or "remember the (insert decade here)" hour or weekend.

I say give a song 10 years before you tag it as old. I understand that after so long a song becomes nostalgic. There are those who were barely aware of their existence when a song came around. There are girls now that were not even born when No Doubt came out with "I'm Just a Girl" but I am pretty sure Gwen Stefani is one of those girls idols.

I know it is now 2009 and 2001 seems so far away (8 years, wow), but honestly the dates are still in the same decade right now. Come back to me in 2011 about a song in 2001 then I will be nostalgic.


Now get off my lawn you little rapscallions!

No comments:

Post a Comment