This is my visual representation

About Me

Seattle-ish, WA
30-something years old guy who attempts to make sense of everything happening around him and ultimately just having more questions than answers

Monday, August 17, 2009

Listening to Uprising By Muse or Why didn't I get into them earlier?!

By now, all the alternative stations across the US have started playing Muse's Uprising. From the first few chords, I was hooked. It sounds heavy and dark from the start and then the vocals move from that tone to a more melodic ethereal sound and back. It just makes me think about watching my back down a dark alley.

I wondered why I didn't get into them earlier. Especially since
Assassin on Guitar Hero: World Tour was a great song. Just try to get it perfect even on medium. Something in the back of my head told me I dug them before but I just could not remember any song. Good ol' wikipedia led me to what I needed. I heard Supermassive Black Hole and Time is Running out, but there were others I did not hear. More than likely they didn't get much airplay around here, but I would think an city that brought up grunge and has a great alt/indy scene would play more of this stuff, but I digress.

One song that has me hooked right now is
Hysteria. The video is a great extension of the song. It catches the mood and emotion quite well. With MTV no longer playing MUSIC videos, I'm forced to find them on the internet, but that's alright good music and good visualization equals a satisfied me.

MUSE - Hysteria (Video)
Uploaded by rusty-one

Go ahead and pre-order the new album at Muse's website. Their first track does not disappoint and despite my need to catch up on their stuff, from what I got so far I can say with enthusiasm, that I want this next one coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment