This is my visual representation

About Me

Seattle-ish, WA
30-something years old guy who attempts to make sense of everything happening around him and ultimately just having more questions than answers

Monday, March 1, 2010

Song of the Day - Black Eye Peas - Imma Be

Okay so when I got the CD, asides from "Boom Boom Pow," I found this song. After so many hits later, I finally get a music video and with a bonus for "Rock That Body".

Granted Black Eye Peas can be set into pop music. And if you know me, I have this polarized view of pop. I will really love it, or really hate it. I think it has to do with how manufactured it feels. Ke$ha is manufactured. Taylor Swift, manufactured. American Idol contestants, ugh! (of course, I'm beginning to gain a little respect for Kelly Clarkson.) But then there is Lady Gaga, Black Eye Peas, or Beyonce. Black Eye Peas and Beyonce have been around a bit so they can say the proof is in the longevity and performance, but then Lady Gaga just shined from the start. And if you remember, I was making fun of the Gaga for a while, only because style and persona kinda threw me off but now I'm totally in.

On a side note, I heard of the Black Eye Peas when 311 give them a nod in their song "Come Original"; that was 10 years ago. I didn't really hear anything until Elephunk came out which was 3 years after that. So here they are now with one of the biggest albums in "The E.N.D." I like it when I can track artists by way of what I heard and can come back to that down the line.

No comments:

Post a Comment